Request an Appointment
You can schedule an appointment to see one of our pediatricians during regular office hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8am - 8pm
Saturday: 8am - 1pm
After Hours: If you have an emergency call 911
Phoning the Office:
A live receptionist answers the phone during office hours. Four receptionists triage questions and work with schedulers to book appointments as necessary.
Please schedule routine physicals 4-6 weeks in advance (but call the office for an appointment for special situations).
Appointments are in great demand.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please give us a 24-hour notice.
You are required to provide the patient’s current insurance card at each visit to our office.
Co-pays are due at the time of service.
When Calling Our Office:
- Have a pen or pencil ready.
- Have a pharmacy number ready.
- If you believe your child needs to be seen in person, please call early in the day since appointments fill up quickly.
- Please inform the receptionist as soon as your call is answered if your case is extremely urgent.
- If you have an emergency, call the office before you arrive to expedite your care.
- Leave a message with the receptionist if you have a question for the nurse or doctor. Nurses will return routine calls throughout the days; doctors will call back during breaks or after hours.
- Let us know when making your appointment if you or your child has special needs (e.g., wheelchair, multiple disabilities, autism) so that we may make arrangements before you arrive.
- Please be familiar with the requirements of your health insurance plan (i.e., co-payments, emergency care, hospital care and pharmacy services).
- If more than one family member needs to be seen, please be certain to let us know beforehand so that we may allot the proper time for the visit.